Re: default gateway on different subnet

On Thu 13 Nov 2008 at 23:08:45 +0100, Petar Bogdanovic wrote:
> what is the proper NetBSD equivalent for the following two linux
> route-commands in a situation where one host has not just one network
> interface but also the problem that the default gateway is not on his
> subnet:
>    ifconfig eth0 netmask
>    route add -net netmask dev eth0
>    route add default gw

Looking at the exact numbers again, it seems it is simpler than I
thought: the true netmask is just different from what you've been told.
If you set it to, both and will
be in the same network, and things should be correct.

Now if they have set up things such that you can't reach, say, (which is outside the given netmask,
then they have truely messed up.

___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert    -- You author it, and I'll reader it.
\X/ rhialto/at/      -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.