Re: New question, and new system

On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 5:10 PM, Gregg Levine <gregg.drwho8%gmail.com@localhost>
wrote:
> Hello!
> I have seemingly successfully even gotten NetBSD-4.0.1 to install on
> an all IDE system. So that's going to be my primary system for this
> development cycle.
>
> Now the question, for building straight from the package source file,
> any suggestions as to where I extract it from?
>
> And which one? The current one, or the regular one?
> --

I'm not sure I know what you mean by "current" and "regular" or "the
package source file", but I'll try my best:

Use the most current pkgsrc if you're going to build your own packages.
http://www.netbsd.org/docs/software/packages.html

If you want to use binary packages then try using the quarterly releases.
http://www.netbsd.org/docs/pkgsrc/ftp-layout.html

Good luck,
Matt