Re: carp problems.

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 09:33:10AM -0500, Steve Pribyl wrote:
> Has anyone see this before and why is it happing?
>
> From /var/log/messages
> /netbsd: carp0: incorrect hash
>
> This box(es) has two carp network connection on separate
> subnets(internal/external).
> The passwords are the same, the carp connections fail over if I bring one
> down.
> I only see  them message for carp0.  This is the external connection and it
> has many aliases.   The carp1 does not have any aliases.

I've seen this once or twice. I'm not sure what caused it or how I fixed
it, I think it was a matter of order in the ifconfig operations.
The has doesn't use only the passwd but also the IP parameters and others
things. I think (re)setting the password last helped in my case
(or maybe it needs to be set on the same line as the IP and ethernet
parameters ?)