Re: Using NetBSD and X inside a VMWare VM

On 20/10/2008, Charles L. Nelson <> wrote:
> Has anyone been successful at being able to consistently use NetBSD and X
> inside a VMWare VM.  NetBSD runs well within the VMWare VM until I try to
> use X.  Sometimes it works but most of the time it doesn't.

Have you tried to use a X server in your host machine? Though I have
installed successfully NetBSD/amd64 -current (as 20080929 approx) with
a X server (I do not remember the driver, because the vmware driver is
not available in amd64 port), it works better for me using the host X

If you are running Windows, you can use the Cygwin/X server or Xming: