Re: Using a Sony PS/3 as video client for a NetBSD server

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 20:53:08 +0100
Matthias Scheler <tron%zhadum.org.uk@localhost> wrote:

>       Hello,
>
> I wondering how well Sony's PS/3 works as UPnP media client with a
> UPnP server under NetBSD (e.g. "pkgsrc/multimedia/mediatomb").
> Is anybody using such a setup?

Works fine here. NetBSD-current/amd64 with mediatomb from
pkgsrc-current. The PS3 is connected over 100mbit LAN. I have not tried
the WLAN.

The only problem I have is that I have to set a scan rate for mediatomb
on the shared directories. Because of imaginary performance issues (??)
I do not want to have this set too often.. This results on newly
downloaded files not immediately shown on the PS3. I have been dreaming
of adding kevent support for mediatomb so it can listen for changes in
the supervised directories.. :-)

Best regards,
        Lars Nordlund