Re: CVSup netbsd-distrib collection set?

On Thu, 2008-10-09 at 12:52 -0400, Brian A. Seklecki wrote:
> All:
>
>    Is there a cvsup "root" mirror that has the "NetBSD-distrib" collection
> set available?  It doesn't seem like it is included in the jumbo "netbsd"
> collection.

Just a quick update from Thursday:

 I found that http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/sup/README.sup notes:

 "Please note that the "anoncvs" collection has been removed.  If you
  want to mirror the NetBSD CVS repository you should use the rsync
  service on anoncvs.NetBSD.org instead."

I guess that's where I went wrong:

 - FreeBSD uses cvsup as the primary distribution method of mirroring
   the AnoncCVS repository, including a collection to help
   re-distribute

 - NetBSD uses rsync or sup as the primary medium (although some notes
   and documentation suggest a FreeBSD-like cvsup infrastructure) (*)

~BAS

*: Documentation at: http://cvsup.uk.netbsd.org/NetBSD-sup
 is 404 not found -- trying to contact the cvsup.uk.* maintainer
 regarding the source of his cvsupd(8) server configuration files.