Re: Build.sh fails

On Thu, 2 Oct 2008, Charles L. Nelson wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm attempting to use build.sh to build MIPS tools.  I give the command,
>
> ./build.sh -m mipsel -m evbmips-el -T /usr/opt/mipsel/tools -O
> /usr/opt/mipsel/obj
>
> Everything seems to proceed well.  Most of the tools have been created, but
> the build fails with,

> Stop.
> nbmake: stopped in /usr/src/tools/disklabel
>
> *** Failed target: depebdall-disklabel

.........................^  should be "dependall-disklabel", I wager.

How it became garbled is mysterious.  It's a one-key-away typing
error, but the bit patterns require two bits to change.  Perhaps
you typed in the error message, rather than cut and paste?  If not,
it speaks of an error in a system makefile somewhere.

If this is not a simple transcription error on your part, find
the offending Makefile and report it (along with what version of
NetBSD you're building).

        find /usr/src -name Makefile | xargs grep -l depebdall
and
        find /usr/src -name Makefile.inc | xargs grep -l depebdall

ought to smoke it out.

This is a longshot, of course.

Dave
--
        Are there no natural enemies to limit the increase of these
        creatures?              -- Sherlock Holmes