Big file systems with cgd

Hey there folks!

After reading up a little on encryption modes, I was wondering, how large may a cgd-encrypted file system be and still be cosidered secure? There are suggestions not to go above 1TB with a single key in XTS mode[1]. cgd uses cbc, IIRC, which is a simpler approach. So I was wondering, what size might be safe here.

1TB file systems can even be on single drives (Seagate has 1,5TB drives) and RAIDs could be even bigger. Since ffs can go way beyond that, a hint concerning cgd would be nice.

Regards,
Chris

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disk_encryption_theory#XTS