Re: Newbie have some questions about NetBSD

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 2:34 AM, Ling Xiaoheng
<lingxiaoheng%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> By the way,does NetBSD have any special for the CPUTYPE,In the
> FreeBSD(/etc/make.conf
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=make.conf&sektion=5) there
> have CPUTYPE enabling optimisations more specific to my CPU,but I
> can't find any detail information about NetBSD.

with risk of sounding redundant: check out pkgsrc/devel/cpuflags;
cpuflags(1) will
then suggest to put an include in /etc/mk.conf like this:

  .sinclude "/usr/pkg/share/mk/cpuflags.mk"

which effectively runs cpuflags and alters variables accordingly

Take care,
Michai Ramakers