Re: filtering on From with postfix / postgrey

On Thu, 04 Sep 2008 19:07:39 +0100
Philip <subs%christiantena.net@localhost> wrote:

> I have three small children who would like an email account to email
> their friends.
> I have my own domain which points to a netbsd 3.1 mail server running
> postfix, postgrey and dovecot.
> What I would like to do is set up email accounts on the server for the
> children which will only receive email from a white list of From:
> addresses, but which will not affect other users normal accounts.
> I guess I don't need a whitelist per child if that makes any difference.
> I can't figure out how to do this, does anyone here know how to?

I don't know what version of postfix is in NetBSD 3.1, but at least
with the one in NetBSD 4 you can define smtpd_restriction_classes.
See /usr/share/examples/postfix/RESTRICTION_CLASS_README for
documentation and examples.

Kind regards
dieter