Re: uplcom: can only receive data

On Wed, Sep 03, 2008 at 10:53:15AM +0200, Frederik Sausmikat wrote:
> Frederik Sausmikat wrote:
>
> >The adapter states the wrong vendor and product ids and, as a result,
> >the driver omits some extra initialization needed for this chip variant
> >(in uplcom_pl2303x_init() if you are curious). When I force this extra
> >code to be executed the adapter works fine but unfortunately breaks all
> >older chips.
>
> Please ignore everything I wrote so far, the solution is as simple as
> adding the adapter's revision to uplcom (I should have looked into that
> earlier). The attached patch makes my adapter work.

You're probably the nth person who's had to add a 'revision 3.00' adapter
to the list (I was probably the n-1th).  I wonder if we shouldn't default
to HX mode for revisions >= 3.00.

--rafal

--
  Time is an illusion; lunchtime, doubly so.     |/\/\|           Rafal Boni
                   -- Ford Prefect               |\/\/|