Re: Can't add new users to the system

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 10:32 AM, Camilo Reyes
<camiloreyes82%yahoo.com@localhost> wrote:
> I seem to have fixed my own problem. pwd_mkdb /etc/master.passwd
> One word of warning, once you do this, you have to go back and re-add users
> and reset permissions on your filesystem.

Actually, it's unknown if anyone else will have to do that.

The error above was telling you that the "text" files, which are
/etc/passwd and /etc/master.passwd, are out of synch with the
/etc/pwd.db, which is the database built from those files.

What you did was rebuild the pwd.db with possibly corrupt, edited, or
incomplete text files.

Andy