Re: Verifying updates to source

> How do I verify if BIND and ssh have been upgraded after NetBSD Security
> Advisory 2008-009 and 008. I updated the files from source and completed the
> build, however the banner for ssh still shows OpenSSH_4.4
> NetBSD_Secure_Shell-20061114, OpenSSL 0.9.8e 23 Feb 2007 does it mean that
> the updates did not go through or do the banner not get updated for an
> emergency fix. The date on the src files listed in the advisory have been
> updated..

Sorry I don't know how to verify the OpenSSL update.

For the BIND update, run:  /usr/sbin/named -v

9.3.5-P1 (in NetBSD 3.x) has the fix

9.4.2-P1 (in NetBSD 4.x) has the fix

9.5.0-P1 (in NetBSD-current) has the fix

Also use:       dig -t txt -c ch version.bind @localhost

to see (after restarting the local named)