Re: SATA disk/controller problems

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 10:15:47AM -0400, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:

> > There indeed _are_ flaws in NetBSD's SATA drivers - I reported one end of
> > last year (in SiI 3112A driver), and I've got an answer "works for us" as
> > well.
>
> What answer, exactly, do you expect to get from someone who cannot reproduce
> the problem?

Maybe something like: "I need some more information, I mean: 1)...
2)... 3)... etc."?

What do you think?

> > But is it really proper way of "fixing" the bugs - just by ignoring them?
>
> This is a volunteer project; you are, of course, always welcome to volunteer
> some code.

Of course, I'll try to volunteer some code, as soon, as I'll make something,
which can be considered "valuable for the project" - but you realize, that
to make a code for NetBSD, I should be able to install it on my HDD first?
--
                                pozdrawiam / regards

                                                Zbigniew Baniewski