Re: Xen : NetBSD Dom0 Linux DomU

Hello,

Le Mar 12 août 2008 11:32, Hashimoto a écrit :
> Hello.
> I am using NetBSD 4.0 (XEN3_DOM0),
> and NetBSD 4.0 (XEN3_DOMU) is running on it.
>
> I want to use Linux as DomU.
> Is it possible ?

I think so.

> If it is possible, please tell me some instructions.
> (handbook, URL, etc...)

http://www.netbsd.org/ports/xen/howto.html#linux-domU

Either install a "normal" Linux using HVM or run a Xen-aware installation.

When I last tried there were no such installation option. So what I did
was install Linux in Qemu, then install the xen kernel and tools, take the
kernel out of the Qemu instance and copy it on my dom0, then boot the
Xen-aware Linux using the Qemu disk image.

I also did the "install in HVM mode, install Xen tools and reboot in
xen-aware mode" method and it worked nice.

Regards,
    Jo