Re: NetBSD-4.x and Sunfire X2200M2 systems with MP kernels

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 05:07:19PM -0700, Brian Buhrow wrote:
>       Hello.  I've been running NetBSD-3.x and NetBSD-4.x  systems using the
> Sunfire X2200M2 servers for just about a year.  A whileago I tried using MP
> kernels on a couple of the X2200 machines, and found that I got a
> continuous interrupt storm which made them run extremely slowly.  More
> 2.  Should I be able to flash these motherboards in such a way as to be
> able to upgrade their ACPI subsystems  to a working revision?

Run, not go, to Sun's site and get the firmware upgrade ISO CD image
for your hardware.  Burn that, boot that, er... read the instructions
and follow them.

(Been there, done that, pasted a sticker onto both machines with the
firmware version and date.)

        -is