Re: GPL version 4

    > We developed the GNU operating system in which Linux is typically
    > used.  It wasn't mean as an "alternative to Windows", since we
    > started in the same year Windows was started.

    Right. And this means you could compete with MS Windows, GEM and others.
    You didn't dare, others did.

We did.  We developed the GNU operating system, which Microsoft says
is the main competitor to Windows.

But that is just a part of what we do.  We offer users freedom,
something that Microsoft does not even try to offer.