Re: use of lwresd?

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 02:45:29PM -0400, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> When I installed bind9 from pkgsrc, there was an rc.d file for lwresd.
> Does our resolver library support it?  Do I need to add something to
> nsswitch.conf?  As best I can tell, it's not working for me.

To use lwresd, you have to link your application to a special library
which uses its local protocol instead of full DNS queries.  Maybe we should
ship an nsswitch module which does that?

Thor Lancelot Simon
 "My guess is that the minimal training typically provided would only
 have given the party in question multiple new and elaborate ways to do
 something incomprehensibly stupid and dangerous."      -Rich Goldstone