insert <TAB> or <ESC> on command line with pdksh?

How can I enter an <ESC> or <TAB> on the command line interface using pdksh? When I used csh, tcsh, sh, bash, ksh93 all I have to do is type Ctrl-v and then the character. With pdksh set to Vi Editing Mode Ctrl-v it works just like the others, however when set to Emacs Editing Mode Ctrl-v gives the version of pdksh and ignores my next key press. I even tried bind ^V="" to no avail.
How can I get pdksh set -o emacs act like the other shells?
Thank you,
Glen