Installing the Primary Bootloader

Hey everyone,

I'm really close to finishing my first installation from scratch of NetBSD. I've managed to create my filesystem, unpack the distribution tarballs and write the primary and secondary bootloader to the disk.

However, when I boot the system, I just get a blank screen with a blinking cursor, so I must have installed the bootloader wrong.

Here's what I did: installboot /dev/ld0a /usr/mdec/bootxx_ffsv2

I did that, per instructions I found via Google. Does the above look correct? I'm a little suspicious that I'm telling it to install the primary bootloader on /dev/ld0a instead of on the MBR of the device, but I don't know enough about installboot, even after reading the man page, to know if that's what's wrong or not.

I'm so close... ;)  Thanks again for all the help I've received so far.

James
--
eRacks Open Source Systems
http://www.eracks.com/