Re: file system and dump/restore tester?

Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
Does anyone have a file system tester?  That is, I want something that
will create a bunch of (large, in my case) files and write them out;
later, it will read them in and compare what's on the disk with what
should be there.
fsx is pretty good (see, according to freebsd's wiki it was used while porting netbsd's tmpfs (

I also used it (quite successfully) to test some experimental patches on dragonflybsd 2 years ago :)