Re: procfs: rw,noauto

On Jul 8, 2008, at 7:14 AM, raymond.meyer%rambler.ru@localhost wrote:
Why is it that in /etc/fstab procfs filesystem is not mounted automatically at boot (i.e. why is it noauto)? This is on sparc64, maybe it's different on
other ports?

procfs has a (former?) history of security vulnerabilities or privileged information disclosure; it's safer to have it disabled unless you need to run something which absolutely needs it. Although, I just looked and the only recent one I saw for NetBSD was NetBSD- SA2000-001, but on Linux systems there have been quite a few more issues with it...

Regards,
--
-Chuck