[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
handling plugin events?
Does NetBSD have an official way to trigger tasks to handle various
devices being plugged in?
- when I insert a flash memory card (I am using sdmmc but not committed
yet), I'd like 1) the MSDOS file system to be mounted and 2) a popup
window (if in X11) to show it. (That popup window could be a image viewer;
or some tool to download, preview, and erase images; or a simple file
manager with image preview would be good enough.)
- insert a PCMCIA broadband card and pppd automatically run with the
correct configuration -- or if in X11 have a pop-up window asking if you
want to enable that networking.
- plug in a USB scanner: open xsane or other scanner software
- plug in a USB disk, mount the file system to be mounted and (if in
X11) popup a file manager pointing to it.
- CD inserted: if has file system, mount it and (if in X11) open a file
manager. If has audio tracks first, then if in X11, open a CD player
- DVD inserted: if has file system, mount it and (if in X11) open a file
manager. If it is a video, then if in X11, open a DVD player application.
What technologies does NetBSD have to accomplish this? Or what has been
proposed for this?
Main Index |
Thread Index |