Re: raidframe: Parity is dirty after every reboot

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 06:56:47PM +0200, Christian Baer wrote:
> Where did I mess up? Why does the raidframe want to rebuild the parity
> after *every* reboot - including the ones that went smoothly without any
> crashed and only cleanly unmounted filesystems?

It's probably because you have swap space in use on the raid set.
Either be sure to do a 'swapctl -U' or similar before 'reboot' or
just use 'shutdown', which will execute /etc/rc.shutdown which will
"do the right thing" because the "swapoff=YES" rc.conf is now set by
default.  The latter is the best idea anyway.

--