Re: mounting media as a normal user

On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 09:53:01 -0700 (PDT)
Super Biscuit <super_bisquit%yahoo.com@localhost> wrote:

> I'm having a bit of trouble finding a tutorial that will allow me to
> add- as root- and mount media as a normal user. I have SmartMedia,
> Compact Flash, memory stick and a cd-rw/dvd drive. Any help as how to
> do the mounting or a link to such help would be welcome. Thanks and
> all.

See mount(8):

     In NetBSD, a file system can only be mounted by an ordinary user
     who owns the point node and has access to the special device
     (at least read per- missions).  Also, the vfs.generic.usermount
     sysctl(3) must be set to 1 to permit file system mounting by
     ordinary users, see sysctl(8).  Finally, the flags nosuid and nodev
     must be given for non-superuser mounts.

The other option is to use amd.