Re: setting up gdm

Hi,

On Tue, 24 Jun 2008, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Jun 2008, Al - image hosting services wrote:
>
> > X starts with startx, but I am not able to load gnome.
>
> Have your ~/.xinitrc file do:
>
> exec gnome-session

I did this and after typing startx it now says it can't find the config
file in /var/log/XFree86.0.log. Where should the config file be?

> > Fatal server error:
> > xf86OpenPcvt: Cannot open /dev/ttyE4 (Device not configured)
>
> So gdm is using different terminal than startx's default. You should be
> able to edit gdm.conf to use different virtual console.
>
> Or look at /etc/wscons.conf for
> screen  4       -       -
>
> The /etc/rc.d/wscons should use that at startup to enable screen 4.

I have already tried to modify this file. I now have:
screen  0       -       vt100
screen  1       -       vt100
screen  2       -       vt100
screen  3       -       vt100
screen  4       -       -
screen  5       -       -
screen  6       -       -
screen  7       -       -

I am still getting the same error.

Also, even if I use find / -name "gdm.conf", I can't find a config file.
Would it be possible to for you to send me some working configs?

Thanks,
Al