skype Failed: "Problem with Audio Plaback"

(I have one hour to get skype working before a conference call.)

I installed wip/skype -- skype- on NetBSD 4.0 i386.

Any hints or pointers on the audio setup?

fstat shows many sound0 open by skype. But it has popup about failed

FWIW ogg123 using "sun" with /dev/audio works fine to play audio.

(wip version is latest 1.4 series; official pkgsrc version doesn't exist.)

Skype is hardcoded to /dev/dsp -- don't see how to change.

/emul/linux/dev/dsp symlink to sound which is symlink to sound0 -- all
readable and writable. (I have no /dev/dsp.)