Re: aligning control message ancillary data

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 04:41:00PM -0400, Taylor R Campbell wrote:
> So, except for Solaris which doesn't have the RFC 2292 macros, all
> three programs ran on all platforms besides NetBSD to which I had
> convenient access.

FWIW, all three programs work on NetBSD/i386 -current too, none of them
works on NetBSD/sparc64 -current. The whole CMSG interface is a mess and
a very good example how to not design an API.

For an example how to get all the alignement and length fields right
look at mm_send_fd() in crypto/dist/ssh/monitor_fdpass.c in the NetBSD
source tree.

Martin