Re: problem updating NetBSD via source

On Jun 08 16:07, Christian Baer wrote:

--------- snip -----------

> built a new userland:
> ./build.sh -U distribution (in /usr/src, not as root)
> ./build.sh kernel=GENERIC
>
> I ran into the first problems there because build.sh couldn't find any
> tools. The same thing happens BTW. if I type the command just like in the
> guide. So I did a
> ./build.sh tools

--------- snip ------------

Hi Chris,

There is a very useful explaination in the NetBSD guide on netbsd.org:

http://netbsd.org/docs/guide/en/chap-updating.html.

For example, it recommends the following to build the userland (I always do a
mkdir /usr/obj and /usr/tools before):

./build.sh  -O ../obj -T ../tools -U -u distribution

But on the other hand, I never switched from stable to current.

Hope I could help a little bit.

Have a nice day!
--
Stevie Lancaster <teenageriot%gmx.de@localhost>