Re: problem updating NetBSD via source

On Jun 08 16:07, Christian Baer wrote:
--------- snip -----------

> built a new userland:
> ./ -U distribution (in /usr/src, not as root)
> ./ kernel=GENERIC
> I ran into the first problems there because couldn't find any
> tools. The same thing happens BTW. if I type the command just like in the
> guide. So I did a
> ./ tools

Hi Chris,

There is a very useful explaination in the NetBSD guide on

For example, it recommends the following to build the userland (I always do a
mkdir /usr/obj and /usr/tools before):

./  -O ../obj -T ../tools -U -u distribution

But on the other hand, I never switched from stable to current.

Hope I could help a little bit.

Have a nice day!
Stevie Lancaster <>