Re: netbsd 4.0 iwi0 woes

jschauma%netmeister.org@localhost (Jan Schaumann) writes:

>My laptop, an IBM thinkpad x41, used to run -current from quite a way
>before 4.0 was released, and I was reasonably content with it.  For some
>foolish reason I thought "hey, you should upgrade to 4.0", and so I did.

This works fine with an IBM thinkpad x43.

>Only... after a few seconds, the laptop would no longer be able to reach
>the default gateway (or anything else).

What security option do you use? I use plain 40bit WEP.

>        media: IEEE802.11 autoselect (OFDM18)

says: 18 Mbps OFDM

>but when connected to my own wifi router, it's
>        media: IEEE802.11 autoselect (DS2)

says: 2 Mbps DSSS

Looks like the signal is poor. wlanctl iwi0 will show among other values
the signal strength (rssi).

Here, with a few meters distance I get rssi 51 and a OFDM54 connection.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost