nvidia experiences

Despite all my struggles to use other operating systems, I keep coming
back to NetBSD.  It's so clean and simple.  I've decided that NetBSD
is still worth using even without full NVIDIA support.  I have a
pretty standard NVIDIA graphics card.  By now, I've realized that
proprietary graphics accelleration with an NVIDIA card is simply not
possible in NetBSD.  Fortunately, I don't use many graphics intensive
applications.  So, I want to hear from anyone who uses the open source
nv driver.  Here are a couple questions:

* Can I stick with the Xfree86 included on the NetBSD install disk, or
should I use Xorg?
* Do you notice a major performance hit over the proprietary driver
(if you've used it)
* Can you still watch Flash videos / play Flash games or listen to
mp3s with no lag?
* What applications have you had trouble running?

This didn't seem like a support request to me, so I sent it here.
I'll be grateful for any tips my fellow NetBSD users can provide.