Re: soekris 5501

Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 11:38:48AM -0400, Louis Guillaume wrote:
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has successfully used the Soekris net5501 with NetBSD.

My 4501/ipfilter firewall caps the traffic through my 20 meg Internet service at ~12Mb/s apparently due to the processor speed. So I believe I need to upgrade.

It seems unlikely to me.  The 4501 can forward IP between interfaces at
30-40Mbit/sec.

I get substantially lower performance than this with my net4526 - in fact, it triggers the watchdog at less than 10MB/sec - then again, I'm using NetBSD-3 along with pf, so YMMV.

+j