NFS problems

Hi,

I have a NetBSD 4.0 NFS server and a few clients (NetBSD 4.0 and older).
When the server is rebooted, the clients get very unhappy.

A client has /home on the NFS server,  I rebooted the server and now the
client can no longer access /home.  I have had tcpdump running on the
client for some 20 minutes and there are _no_ NFS packets passing between
the client and the server, even when I try to access /home.

All processes accessing /home are stuck, waiting at vnlock.

fstab looks like this:

server:/home /home nfs rw,-X,-i,-b,-s,-C 0 0

Other NFS partitions have the same mount options and they work ok
(but I think /home might be the only partition that was accessed
while the server was down).

I think NFS has always has its problems when the server is rebooted,
but I don't think it was this bad some 10 years ago.  Or maybe some
of the options in my fstab is causing this.  Anyway, I would think
the NFS client should be trying to talk to the server every now and
then to see if it's back up - now _nothing_ is happening.  Syslog
says "not responding" twice (24 minutes ago), then nothing.

  -jm