Re: Apache 2.2.8 on NetBSD 4.0 serves nothing or garbled directory listings

kiril Vladimirov wrote:
> I am using this ZApache version on 3 machines under NetBSD and there
> isn't such os problem. I could advice you first stop SSL part of web
> servers (coment using of SSL in httpd.,conf), point web server in some
> other dir and create simple index.html and see is this problem apears
> again?
>
> Cyrille

Cyrille,

  Thanks: I do have the httpd-ssl.conf commented out. I tried making
another DocumentRoot (/var/tmp/www), and pointing to that, both with a
"minimal" httpd.conf file and with my regular httpd.conf file: results
exactly the same. By the way, if I copy over the httpd I compiled from
the source download (the one I had in /usr/local/apache2, and
which produced the directory listings with the strange characters) I get
the strange characters in the directory listings. I'm wondering if it
isn't something in the configure
options, from when I originally built the httpd.
If I don't figure it out, I'll maybe try a few other things, like trying
the binary package again, maybe try to an earlier version of apache (the
one I had before was working fine,
even with NetBSD 4.0), or just reinstalling NetBSD 4.0 from scratch:
that wouldn't be that bad.

Frank H.