Re: NetBSD on sd0 (memory) and CGD on wd0... success but

Daniel Horecki wrote:
[---]
>>    Word of warning: I have tried to use init.root on several amd64
>>  systems, and it doesn't work properly (you'll get all kinds of weird
>>  problems). It seems that people with i386 aren't having any of these
>>  problems, though.
>
> My friend has that problem too. Seems that if directory, which is used
> to chroot hasn't mode 777, he had problems. With mode 777 problems
> dissapears.

   If it's not too much trouble, could you ask him to read
http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=36963 and then
let me know if this is what he was seeing?

   The reason I ask is because the first thing I tried was chmod'ing 777
on the directory which would be chrooted -- but it didn't help. Now I'm
wondering if that command line may have suffered a typo.

   And I also wonder why the problem would present itself on amd64 and
not i386 -- anyone have any ideas?

--
Kind regards,
Jan Danielsson