Re: Support of IBM-Lenovo T60P

On Sun, May 04, 2008 at 10:54:53PM +0200, Michael Kell Jensen wrote:
> Hi I searched the web for information about
> what is supported in the laptop T60P
>
> Then i stumbled on the t43p on the NetBSD wiki
> http://wiki.netbsd.se/IBM_Thinkpad_T43p
>
> look for the header: Some hardware lacks support:
>
> My model of t60P is a 2007-8LG
>
> Does anyone have some input of what is supported now.

Well, a GENERIC.MP would enable the other cpu core.
The wpi(4) needs firmware that can't be shipped with the base system.
Biometric thingy might have a userland driver, maybe.

Other than that it looks like a very well supported system.

Sure, you could be running netbsd/amd64-current to take advantage
of the 64-bit processor and get better SMP support, but you
probably don't need to.

        Jonathan Kollasch