setup a drive with disklabel

Hi,

I am setting up a drive, but I can't seem to get things right with
disklabel. I have the computer netbooted and I would like to do everything
manually with NetBSD. Where I am stuck is when I ran: "dd if=/dev/zero
of=/dev/sd0c bs=8k count=1". Shouldn't this delete the disklabel? It is
still there after I do this (I really don't want to reboot unless I really
have too).

I would like to delete everything that is in the disklabel. Then reload
the drives geometry, then use "disklabel -i /dev/sd0c" to partition the
drive.  I should then be able to use newfs to format the partitions and
installboot to install bootxx. This sound good in theory, but in practical
application I seem to be missing something.

Thanks,
Al