Re: Two scenarios leading to filesystem corruption under NetBSD-4.0, anyone seen this?

On 15-Apr-08, at 11:48 AM, Brian Buhrow wrote:
        Hello.  I'm not sure if this is a related issue or not.  I'm not
seeing filesystem corruption in the sense that fsck doesn't pass the
filesystem after a change.  What I'm seeing is that the files on the
filesystem do not contain the data which they're supposed to. this applies to both MSDOS and FFS filesystems connected via USB. In the MSDOS case, I
can get the corect results by not having two processes write to the
filesystem at once.

Ah, I see -- it looks like what I've seen is not related to your observations.

Can you confirm that your USB device is reliable?

For example can you write verifiable data to the raw device and read it all back reliably and repeatedly?

--
                                        Greg A. Woods; Planix, Inc.
                                        <woods%planix.ca@localhost>