i386, SATA and hot swap?

I've got a i386 box, new, with SATA ports, and I want to use a hot swappable drive for backups. In the past I've used a ViPower 1028LSF IDE/USB 2.0 removable bay to do this, but it's getting hard to come by in Australia. It uses the sd0 driver and hot-swaps fine.

Does NetBSD 4.0 i386 support hot swapping SATA drives? Not as part of a RAID array, but purely as a plug in, dump/tar to, remove sort of device?

Thanks!

Carl