Re: using NetBSD 4.0 as a WPA PSK hostap

On Thu, Apr 03, 2008 at 01:07:11AM +0200, David Wetzel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I figured out how to do WEP with NetBSD, but I want WPA.
>
> Just a vanilla pre-shared key is ok for me.
>
> How do I do that? I am using an ath based card.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> David Wetzel

You need wpa_supplicant and you'll have to create/edit the following files:

/etc/rc.conf:
wpa_supplicant=YES       wpa_supplicant_flags="-B -i ath0 -c
/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf"

/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf:
ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
ctrl_interface_group=0
eapol_version=1
fast_reauth=1
network={
  ssid="YOURSSID"
  key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
  proto=WPA
  pairwise=TKIP
  group=TKIP
  psk="YOURSECRETKEY"
}

Adjust YOURSSID and YOURSECRETKEY to your environment, and
finally do
# chmod 600 /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf
Reboot and you should be up and running.

Works for me without any problems.

Regards
Thorsten