Re: qmail or postfix for a mail server ?

On 27/03/2008, nicolas vigier <boklm%mars-attacks.org@localhost> wrote:
> On 2008-03-19, Francisco Valladolid <ficovh%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
>  > Hi Folks
>  >
>  > Recently I had the necessity to implement a mail server for a customer
>  > (vhosting mail server ). Two choices arrive to my mind  Postfix and qmail
>  > (qpsmtpd for smtp also, which are very success with apache and
>  > perl.orgsites for handling high volume in the mails servers).
>

> I'd go for postfix, which is very good. Qmail was also a good email
>  server, but unfortunatly was not open source, although I think it
>  changed recently (it is now open source).

FYI: http://cr.yp.to/qmail/dist.html says:

    "...I hereby place the qmail package (in particular,
qmail-1.03.tar.gz, with MD5 checksum 622f65f982e380dbe86e6574f3abcb7c)
into the public domain. "

I've been using it for more than two years on a (FreeBSD6) server with
*zero* problems. I admit I had to actually *read* a little before I
deployed it, but it has been flawless since.

>  Nicolas

/dev/random says:
        People say I'm apathetic, but I don't care.
Chavdar Ivanov   | Talbot Way, Small Heath Business Park
Delcam UK        | Birmingham B10 0HJ, United Kingdom
Customer Support | (+44)121-6831014