XFree86 nvidia 8600 GTS support?

  If I can't get the usbtablet driver to work with Xorg... does anyone have the
nvidia 8600 GTS card working with XF86?  It works well enough under Modular
Xorg with the 'xf86-video-nv 2.1.8' package.

vga0 at pci1 dev 0 function 0: NVIDIA product 0x0400 (rev. 0xa1)

>To: netbsd-users%netbsd.org@localhost
>Subject: usbtablet driver in Xorg server?  Wacom Bamboo
>Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 10:40:20 -0500
>
>  I'm using the modular Xorg server from pkgsrc (because XFree86
> doesn't/didn't support
> my nvidia 8600 GTS) on -current, and I can't get the usbtable driver to load
> for my
> Wacom Bamboo:
>[...]
>
> I can use it as a mouse in GIMP but there's no pressure sensitivity, and the
> eraser end
> of the pen isn't recognized as an alternate pointer (as it is under GIMP with
> WinXP (when
> I can get it to work at all, due to know gtk-win32 bugs)).  The "Configure
> Extended Input
> Devices" menu says I have no extended input devices.
>
> Does anyone else have this working?

Need to know the score, the latest news, or you need your Hotmail®-get your
"fix".