Re: setting up IPv6 addresses in rc.conf?

Greg Troxel writes:
->   Is it possible to specify more than one interface address solely in
->   rc.conf via ifconfig_xxN variables?  I don't see a way to do it.
-
- The basic problem seems to be that one wants multiple invocations of
- ifconfig, with different values.  With files, you just have multiple
- lines.  So either we need line breaks in the string, or
-
- ifconfig_de0_0="inet 1.2.3.4/8"
- ifconfig_de0_1="inet6 2001:2:3::4"
- ifconfig_de0_2=....

Um, this may sound silly or basic, but I do the following:

        ifconfig_de0="inet 1.2.3.4 netmask 0xffff0000"
        ifconfig_de0="${ifconfig_de0} inet6 2001:2:3::4"

I've used the shell expansion technique for years quite
successfully (usually when i want to keep lines from wrapping in
my shell scripts or rc.conf.)

--
Eric Schnoebelen                eric%cirr.com@localhost
http://www.cirr.com