Google Summer of Code is coming

Hello,

As you may have heard, the Google Summer of Code 2008 will start soon.
The NetBSD Project has again applied to be a mentoring organization and
we hope to be accepted as in previous years.

If you're interested in applying for the SoC under NetBSD, now might be
a good time to start researching your project.  We have a list of
suggested projects available at
http://www.netbsd.org/contrib/soc-projects.html, though students are, of
course, encouraged to come up with their own ideas as well.

Feel free to contact the appropriate mailing lists with any questions
you may have to help you prepare your application.
http://www.netbsd.org/contrib/soc-application.html gives a few hints as
to what we are looking for in a Summer of Code application.

When Google announces the chosen mentoring organizations, we'll make
another, more formal announcement about our participation, but I figured
it'd be good to make everybody aware that the preparations are in full
gear.

Happy hacking!
-Jan