building parts of the netbsd source-tree

Hi,

is there a simple way to build only parts of the netbsd source-tree or
do I have to use build.sh for every single netbsd-component?

I tried a plain `make' in some of the various subdirectories (src/bin/sh
and src/usr.bin/awk) but make always failed because it didn't know how
to build some dependencies.

Thanks,

Petar

P.S. My mk.conf: