Subject: Re: Dell Optiplex 320
To: None <agtdino@teleline.es>
From: Johan A.van Zanten <johan@giantfoo.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/14/2007 19:36:59
agtdino <agtdino@teleline.es> wrote:
> Hello.
>

>   Pc Dell Optiplex 320 with Pentium-D Presler procesor don't
>   Boot -it¢s hangs from USB port¢s - from netbsd-amd64 and netbsd-i386,
>
>   know anybody info about this problem?

 I recently had problems installing NetBSD-4 on Dell Optiplex from here:

http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/netbsd-4/

 Here's the discussion:

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2007/06/07/0000.html
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2007/06/07/0009.html
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2007/06/07/0011.html
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2007/06/07/0014.html
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2007/06/08/0000.html
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2007/06/08/0001.html
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2007/06/08/0026.html
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2007/06/09/0003.html
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2007/06/13/0010.html

 You might find some of M. Bouyer's suggestions helpful.

In particular:

boot -c
disable ehci
quit

 My best guess is that there's an incompatibility between any version of
NetBSD and the USB chip in at least some of the current Optiplex models,
but i'm not certain.

 It'd probably be worth trying some of Bouyer's suggestions -- i know Dell
changes hardware on their systems all the time, so perhaps an installation
would succeed for you.

 -johan