Subject: usb-only installation?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Johan A.van Zanten <johan@giantfoo.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/07/2007 00:25:05
 Greetings.

 I got a new desktop at work, a Dell Optiplex 745.  It has no PS/2 port
for keyboard or mouse -- it's only USB.  There's also nothing in the BIOS
that would enable any sort  of PS2<-USB legacy support.

 The NetBSD-4 installation ISO (from 2 days ago) i used to create a CDROM
did boot and come up, but the USB keyboard was not recognized.

 Is there any way to work around this with the USB keyboard?  Or should i
try a serial installation? (I'm unfamliar with PC hardware ... is there a
way to force the console to the serial port -- it's got a builtin video
chipset, as well as an ATI card?)

 -johan