NetBSD-Java archive

Re: lang/sun-jdk15 on amd64

> any idea why the same procedure wouldn't work with the native 32-bit JDK
> running on the target amd64 host itself, using COMPAT_NETBSD32?

I was told at the time that there are apparent hard-to-find bugs
in our Linux emulation which prevents this from working, so to
save myself from grief others have already experienced, I did not
pursue that avenue any further.

> I'm trying to do that (I built the native JDK on NetBSD/i386
> and installed it on my NetBSD/amd64 host), but running the
> 32-bit java binary gives the following:
>
>  28531      1 java     netbsd32_mmap(0, 0x43e00000, 0, 0x1042,
> 0xffffffffffffffff, 0, 0, 0) Err#12 ENOMEM

> Could not reserve enough space for object heap
> Could not create the Java virtual machine.

Sounds like a possible sign extension problem in combination with
a 32/64-bit confusion, perhaps?  I'm just guessing...

Regards,

- Håvard