NetBSD-Java archive

Re: freebsd java

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008, Martin Husemann wrote:
My subjective impression is that from a technical point of view we are
mostly done. There might be minor tweaks needed - and TNF is even willing
to pay someone completing the work.

I'd love to see someone working to get Java working on NetBSD, paid or not.
Any takers?

Martin, can you outline what's left? IIRC it's
 - fix a (very) few failed tests in the tests
 - offer a Sun-compliant way to download binaries, i.e. make sure people
   have to agree to some license prior to download.
 - what else?

I'm not even sure these two things are needed if we call it OpenJDK (as opposed to "Java".

 - Hubert