NetBSD-Desktop archive

Re: Tasks

On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 10:59:52AM +0000, Andrew Doran wrote:

> As for offtopic:

One more peripheral issue.

To install packages for the desktop sysinst can chroot into the target fs
and use the pkg_* tools there, no problem.

When we move to packages for the base system the tools may need to be on the
install media. Not a problem for the CD/nfs based installs on i386 but it
would probably blow out anything using a ramdisk. Unless we hack around it.

Andrew